Episode 697: Martin L. King, ASA, CRD – Ed Light, CIH Light N King Strike – Assessment of Smoke Damage

Where the IAQ Radio Discussion Continues
admin
Site Admin

Episode 697: Martin L. King, ASA, CRD – Ed Light, CIH Light N King Strike – Assessment of Smoke Damage

Post by admin »

Show Resources: Show Discussion:

12:06:18 From cliff zlotnik : TRIVIA: Name the original division of the organization which is now known as the Restoration Industry Association which dealt with fire and smoke damage?
12:08:01 From Radio Joe : cliff and I will be on the chat for this show. We are both listening again to a legend in the fire world Marty King and one of our favorite guests Ed Light
12:08:35 From Doug Kohnen at ERAtech : NIFR
12:09:31 From cliff zlotnik : Correct Doug, please send your contact info Doug to czlotnik@cs.com
12:09:46 From Radio Joe : Good one Doug!!!
12:09:57 From Doug Kohnen at ERAtech : National Institute of Fire Restoration
12:10:53 From Doug Kohnen at ERAtech : Thanks Cliff! I have been so busy I haven't had a chance to listen to you guys and miss it! Best Wishes
12:27:35 From Ralph Froehlich : Without skin contact or inhalation of suspended particles, smoke particles have no health effects.
12:32:08 From Ralph Froehlich : But, Ed, didn’t you just suggest that sampling is not needed for IAQ investigations?
12:34:16 From cliff zlotnik : Ed, said air sampling is pointless for fire damage
12:45:50 From Ralph Froehlich : I agree that it is difficult to determine the extent of smoke damage after the fire event. Even minimal additional contamination is UNACCEPTABLE to insured parties under current insurance practices.
13:00:45 From cliff zlotnik : Buildings have preexisting levels of dust and background contamination. Event related contaminates are usually found in the top layer of particles found. Restoration firms commonly overclean surfaces and materials on fire losses. A combination of dry PLUS aqueous cleaning removes both background residues and event related residues. The processes also decontaminates many common contaminates. After cleaning: the absence of smoke odor and surfaces being white glove clean demonstrates that surfaces are cleaner than before.
13:09:37 From Joe Hughes : Thanks to all our audience
13:09:46 From Doug Kohnen at ERAtech : Another Great Show! Best Wishes
13:09:53 From Joe Hughes : Good job Jon thanks Doug